In May 2020, the Ministry of Transportation of the Republic of Indonesia issued Decree No. 115 of 2020 regarding Aircraft Age Limits for Commercial Air Transport (“Decree No. 115”). This decree has been in force since 22 May 2020 and replaces the previous aircraft age limits.
Decree No. 115 sets out the following aircraft age limits for commercial air transport:
(1) the maximum age of aircraft that can be registered and operated for the first time in Indonesia are as follows:
- 20 years, for passenger transport category aircraft;
- 25 years, for passenger non-transport category aircraft;
- up to the maximum flight hour and/or flight cycle according to the relevant manufacturer’s terms, for freighter/cargo (both transport category aircraft or non-transport category aircraft); and
- 25 years, for helicopters.
(2) the maximum age of aircraft that can be operated in Indonesia for all the above-mentioned categories is up to the respective maximum flight hour and/or flight cycle according to the relevant manufacturer’s terms.